Traveling to Salt Lake City
CF Center Attendee Flight Reimbursement
We are requiring that each center batch flight receipts for reimbursement.
- Individual flight arrangements/receipts should be submitted to their Center.
- One email with all receipts for that Center should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “(enter Center Name) - MWCFC Flight Reimbursement”.
- U of U Conference & Event Management will reimburse each Center with one check payment, and not the individuals.
- It will be up to the Center to reimburse each individual.
Salt Lake International Airport
Salt Lake International (SLC) is the primary commercial airport in Salt Lake City, UT.
Visiting Salt Lake
Salt Lake lies in a mountain valley with the Wasatch Mountains to the east and north. The Oquirrh (pronounced"oaker") Mountains border the western edge of the valley. Salt Lake's official elevation is 4,330 feet/1,320 meters above sea level. The city is situated on land once covered by the prehistoric Lake Bonneville. This ancient lake existing within portions of Utah, Nevada, and Idaho, with an elevation rising from 4,200 feet to 5,200 feet (1,280 meters to 1,585 meters) at some points. The eastern and northern portions of the city are located on a series of terraces, or former beaches, which are known locally as "the benches."
- Utah is in the Mountain Time Zone and uses Daylight Savings Time
- City Elevation: 4,330 feet; 1,320 meters
- Nearby Mountains: (Snowbird based) 8,100 feet; 2,469 meters
Express shuttle provides ride-share service from Salt Lake International Airport to The University Guest House. Express Shuttle has space at the Ground Transportation Desk located in the baggage claim of both terminals in the Salt Lake International Airport. Look for the sign that says "Express Shuttle". Arrival and Departure shuttle reservations can be made online by clicking below or calling their reservation line. Please make your reservation at least 16 hours in advance of arrival.
Express Shuttle Reservation or call Toll-free (in US) Phone Reservations: 1-800-397-0773
Uber and Lyft are available in Salt Lake City.